If you want to create an online store with powerful functionality, rich structure and a good search engine optimization , for these purposes may well go Magento .
Magento – e-commerce platform for creating online stores with open source, which is distributed under the OSL 3.0.
The software was originally developed by Varien Inc., a private company with US headquarters in Culver City, California, with the assistance of volunteers.
Magento – one of the most popular open systems for organizing e-commerce on the web: on the platform created over 100 000 online stores, third-party developers have created more than 2 thousand extensions, community project has about 375,000 members.
This software is created using Zend Framework. Magento source code is distributed under the endorsement of the Open Source Initiative (OSI) license Open Software License (OSL) v3.0, close in essence to the license AGPL, but incompatible with the GPL. Feature license OSL is that if someone modifies the program, but will not share the results of their work, but simply uses it on his website, he is still obliged to open the code changes and distribute it under the same license. This license OSL does not prohibit the commercial use of the product.
- Linux or other UNIX-compatible operating system (Windows is also supported, but should first familiarize yourself with all known problems)
- Web server Apache (1.x or 2.x)
- PHP 5.2.0 or higher, with extensions / applications:
- PDO / MySQL
- MySQL 4.1.20 or higher
- Sendmail-compatible mail server. Magento can connect directly to the server via SMTP.
Officially, work on Magento began in early 2007. The company Varien. Seven months later, August 31, 2007 published the first beta version. May 30, 2010 came Magento mobile, allowing you to run the shop with mobile platforms.
In March 2010, eBay acquired a 49% stake in Magento, thus investing in the company 22.5 million (the name of the investor was not reported, and it became known only later). In June 2011, eBay announced an agreement for the purchase of the company’s business Magento. Under the agreement, eBay will get full control of Magento, acquired the remaining 51% stake.
On the basis of the code Magento eBay’s plan to create a new cloud platform X.commerce, which will be used to provide services to “software as a service» (SaaS) and will serve as a link connecting the community developers who use PayPal, eBay and Magento. According to eBay, after the completion of acquisitions, the company will also continue to support existing open platform Magento eCommerce.
- Design Packages
- Ability to use different currencies
- Many sites on the same system
- The methods of payment and delivery
- Marketing Tools
- Tiered pricing
- Rules pricing
- Sales Report
- Report shopping cart
- Report list of selected products
- The report on the review
- tags Report
- Search Reports
- The establishment of tax rates
- The establishment of rules for the region, the country or zip
- Create tax classes, such as “Normal” or “Wholesale»
- The establishment of the tax rules, such as “tax on clothes”, you can also link the various groups of goods with tax classes.
- Products directory
- Ability to define different attributes (properties) for the product.
- The grouping of goods in kits.
- Items that can be configured – products with properties (such as color, size, etc.)
- Sort products specified attributes. Attributes are available for sorting are set in the admin panel.
- Content Management System
- Group customers
- Import / Export
- Access Control System
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Link to the buyer
- The e-mail
- Newsletter by e-mail
- Delivery to multiple addresses
- Product Comparison
- tags for products
- Product Reviews
- List Wishlist
- Shopping Cart
- Accounts customers
Features Magento large enough, but the installation of the system, configuration, optimization, functional change, the addition of extra modules – requires some knowledge. And here, often without to Magento developers can not do.
If you want to order online store to Magento or you are having difficulty with this CMS, Web Studio team GKS happy to help you.
To date, little programmers and web studios offers high quality services to install, configure, and optimize Magenta. Turning to our company you will get professional support of our experts. You can contact us by calling or writing to us or through the feedback form .
If you want to create an online store “turnkey” on Magento , the team GKS Web Studio is ready offer you this service at a reasonable price and in the shortest possible time.